Friday, October 24, 2008

Sickness Update

I (Holly) feel somewhat better today. Just feeling pretty weak. I guess Adam told you that I had the stomach virus yesterday and I have NEVER felt so sick in all my life! I haven't ever had that as bad as I had it yesterday! It has been a crazy week! I first had a scratchy throat last week with some congestion and I went to the Doctor last Saturday and I had "pharyngitis" , the Doctor did give me a Z-Pack b/c I was wanting to get over it quick b/c it was hard to care for Grace feeling "sick". Then Grace started this runny nose this week and WASN'T sleeping well at all! She would wake up after only 5-30 minutes of being asleep during naps and during the night time too. She wasn't even taking her paci b/c she couldn't breathe good. We took her to the Doctor on Wednesday and they said she had a cold and told us to do saline nasal drops and suction her nose, and baby vapor rub, humidifier, and motrin as needed. She even slept in her car seat night before last b/c she seemed to like it better because it helped her breathe better. We did elevate her crib but she still wasn't sleeping as good at first. Then yesterday when I was so sick, Adam said Grace was much better. She also napped better and slept good last night in her crib. I was stuck in the bedroom (isolated) all yesterday. Today, she does have some thicker drainage coming from her nose and I have had to do the drops and suction to her nose and she has been more stopped up and not as good this morning. To add to all of this, it seems ADAM MAY HAVE SOME OF THE STOMACH BUG TOO NOW! Not as bad as me, I don't think but now he is shut up in a room! So, I have been trying to sanitize everything today, wear a mask while taking care of Grace, etc.

In all, please pray that Grace doesn't get this!! That is our number 1 concern!!! Pray for her cold to get better too and for all the sickness to be gone. Oh, Lord, we need your help!!! Man, in times like this, DO YOU EVER MISS YOUR FAMILY! This is when I can officially say I am hopesick and I need my families help!!

The Lord will see us through though!!!

P.S. Kristina had her baby weighing 4lb. 130z. yesterday or the day before? They say everything is ok! Congratulations! Lord, be with them too!- Holly

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Wish I could be there but unfortunately I can't right now. I'm sure everything will be fine real soon. We'll pray that Grace gets better and doesn't get that stuff!!!!!

I Love you

Grace, Hope and Joy said...

Hey guys. SO sorry you are sick! All three of our girls have colds right now. We have been to the Dr. twice this week. If we were all well I would try and help you out!!

I was going to say also that even if Grace does get the stomach bug I have found that little babies usually don't get it the same as adults do. It is usually a milder version. So HOPEFULLY she will not get it but if so hopefully it won't be like what you experienced.

Christy said...

Oh, Holly, that little girl is precious! I didn't even know you had a baby...congratulations! I'm sorry you are all sick. I know it's tough caring for a little one when you're ill, especially if your hubby is ill too.
I'm putting your blog on my link list so I can see when you update. It's so good to hear from you!