I have had something on my mind that I wanted to post about but I just haven't had the chance! I want to talk about how I have a new outlook on parenthood and especially more thankful to my parents for raising me and my brother. I never really understood what a job it is physically, emotionally, and spiritually. I always thought in my mind that being a stay at home mom is work and it is like a full time job but I REALLY didn't grasp it. I used to think "yea, I know she is probably busy with her kid/ kids but what else does she do with her time?" Boy, do I know now!! LOL!! Now I look a parents of twins, triplets, or even parents with 2, 3,4,...7 children and I think MAN how do they do it? I imagine that your 1st child is your "rookie" child and everything is a learning experience and maybe next time wouldn't be quiet so hard just because of that. But I still could not imagine having MANY children. Most of all, I think about being a single Mom also and having to care for a baby by yourself or not really having any help, and especially when there are multiple kids involved. (This is not to say that we won't have anymore children if the Lord chooses to bless us one day with another child!)
What is funny is our neighbor is a stay at home Mom and she had a baby last year and she has got I think a 2 yr old. Last summer she bought some potted flowers for her front porch and has some shrubbery that was planted in the front of the house and it seemed like she never watered it and it would just die. Then she would buy another plant and the same thing would happen. I used to think " she stays home all the time, you would think she would at least have time for that?" Now, I know it is easy to put things like flowers on the back burner!!! LOL
In saying all this, I thank God every day for Grace and I know she is truly a blessing. We have had our trials and tribulations but we know it is only temporary!! And as someone has said, before we know it she won't even want to be held anymore. She'll be a "big girl"! All this makes me just admire other people more and especially my parents more and especially YOU MOM!!! It is amazing how you never know the stress and heartache you will have over your child, and most of all the love!!! I LOVE YOU MOM!!!
I also think what a responsibility Adam and I have to raise Grace up in the Lord. We pray all the time for her salvation and that she will most importantly love the Lord with all her heart and soul and live everyday trying to please God. Pray for us too that we will be a shining example of Jesus to Grace everyday as she grows!!! I better go now.... Holly
Sunday, June 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment