Thursday, June 12, 2008

2 month checkup, AL visit, God's Grace

Adam, Grace, and I went to AL this past weekend through the first part of this week. Many people got to see Grace this weekend that haven't yet including her uncle Greg, Great-Grandparents, Great Aunts and Uncles, cousins, friends, etc. It was a very nice visit. We were very tired though, esp. Grace. She did really well though considering. I'll post more pics.


This is Great Granny Brown with Grace and Joanne

Great Granny Cason sees Grace for the 1st time. Granny Brown is holding Grace

These two are Shea and Eric with Grace. They are wonderful friends from home.



I couldn't pass this up to not post a picture of Grace's step cousin Emily. She is 2 1/2 and she LOVES Grace. She has been waiting on her to come even while I was pregnant with Grace. She always talks about her and wants to see her. She frequently looks at her pictures on the computer, etc. She's a darlin!! Her mom even told us that she prayed for Grace and Grace's Mom and Dad the other night during her night time prayers!

I will be going back to work a week from Saturday. I will work 4 hours that night and then start working every Monday and Tuesday 2 (12) shifts on night shift, the following Monday (with the exception of working every 3rd weekend (Fri and Sat). In a way I don't mind going back to work for the adult interaction, and for what I do, and of course the paycheck!! But, I am already thinking about how it will feel to leave Grace for the first night. I know I will be wondering constantly how she is doing.

I am very happy about having a set schedule. I can finally get more involved at church. I plan on going to Thurs. morning Bible studies for women when the start back in the Fall. Also, they are having preschool play days at church this Summer. We got to go to one last Tues. morning. Since Grace is so young now it is mainly an interaction for me with other Mom's. They had another one today but Grace had her 2 month checkup.

About her 2 mo. check-up. She weighed 9 lb 1 oz and was 21 1/4 inches long. The Dr. said her weight and height are perfectly symmetrical. Everything looked good. She recommended us placing Grace on her belly some to help her develop her muscles in her neck and shoulders etc. and to help her learn to roll over.

It is truly amazing Grace is 2 months old today. We've come a long way by the grace of God! Hence her name Grace. The word "grace" means so much to Adam and I. We know that EVERYTHING that comes to us is by God's grace. We are saved by HIS grace. All of us should go to Hell because we are naturally rotten sinners. Romans 3:12 says "there is none who does good, there is not even one". The Bible says "there is none who seek for God" in Romans Chapter 3 verse 11. By his Holy Spirit he draws us to Himself. Don't you wonder why?? When we are constantly letting Him down!! It is by His grace he forgives us of our sins and glorifies His name. Praise God!! (I could go on an on about this!)

I pray that anyone reading this has been saved by the grace of God/ has a personal relationship with the Lord. Here are some verses to think seriously about: Romans 3:23 for all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 5:8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. And John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. So if you haven't been "born again", "changed", or saved and living for the Lord, then all you have to do is believe in what Jesus did on the cross as in John 3:16 and ask God to forgive you of your sins and tell Him you want Him to be LORD of your life. You have to turn from your sins and seek Him constantly to help you and guide you to live a life pleasing to Him. You will be changed forever!!! Let me know if I could talk to any one of you more. With love----Holly

No comments: