Adam had his first Father's Day yesterday. I hated he had to work but we did get to go to church as a family and he got his Father's Day wish. He wanted a chocolate cake for Father's Day. Isn't that funny!! (He also got some clothes too before Father's Day.) He loves just a plain boxed yellow cake and store bought chocolate fudge icing. That is his favorite! I will post of picture of what I did. I wanted to decorate it somehow but I knew I didn't have much time (plus, I'm really not great at cake decorating anyway) so I bought some edible letters and just put "I Love You Daddy" on it so it would look like it came from Grace. As you can see my cakes are not the most beautiful things!! LOL . We also had our first experience helping in the nursery yesterday morning during the AM service. We had the younger 1's and must I say, it was CRAZY! Adam and I was going to be the only 2 in there (the other lady didn't come) with 15 one year olds!! They ended up getting us some help with another lady and then a young girl. It was so funny though. It was truly like a circus. We ended up spending most of the time going through and checking all of their diapers to make sure they were clean before their parents came. We also spent half the time looking for things that they lost. One boy we couldn't find his shoes and his diaper bag wasn't labeled with his name so we weren't sure if the shoes in his bag were really his and another boy and girl lost a shoe and then this one girl kept taking off her panty hose and shoes. This one boy's shoe that was missing we couldn't find the entire time until after his parents came and Adam FINALLY found it. Another girl lost her bow and we didn't find it till after the parents left. A couple of the kids started going through my purse too, and I learned real quick that you HAVE to keep things out of their reach at this age!! They were so cute though! Their were of course some that wanted to be held the whole time, etc. It was funny because about half way through the service Adam said "I'm ready to just go get my baby girl and go home!" LOL. Grace didn't seem so bad after all those one year olds!!! Our church has SO many kids it is truly amazing!! They are wanting to split the kids up more but they need more space according to our preschool director.
Well, it is not letting me upload pictures right now. I'll try again later to post some pics.
Monday, June 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment