So off to the dentist we go on Monday morning. We tried to prepare Grace by telling her every thing they were going to do. When they called her back she started crying and esp. when she saw all the 'sights' behind the door. She buried her head in her Daddy's chest and cried at first. She was just scared! She ended up being a TOTAL trooper and actually got calm and was still most of the time until the Dentist ran the drill to smooth out her tooth. She was still very tense as they did it. It is TORTURE to her and her Mommy and Daddy, to see her like that! They don't sedate at this office and I have wished they would but they were also a lot cheaper too.
SOOO, she got them fixed but Adam and I are not completely happy with it. Last time, we had to take her back a second time for them to fix them good because they do it so fast and rush it. I am determined I am not putting her through that any more right now while it is so traumatizing to her, being so young. They kept leaving a bigger gap between her teeth than what was there before. The last time her teeth were fixed (the 2nd time) they looked GREAT! This time, they look A LOT better than a corner chip out of them but the tooth is not exactly straight and they should have filled in a little more in the middle.
I still get a knot in my chest thinking about it, because I am still disgusted that it happened and I feel like a better job could have been done. Although, I was looking at some of her early pictures before the chip incident, and the gap actually looks more like what it originally looked like.
Thankfully, they are just baby teeth and I have recently been reminded that we could have a WHOLE LOT worse problems with her. She is healthy and I can praise the Lord for that ALONE!!!
We are so proud of her, and she got some prizes at Target for doing so well. She keeps saying "I was good at the Dentist:)"
Compare.. you can click on them and zoom in to see better

Before any chipped teeth..
After getting them fixed good the first time she chipped them..
Now



2 comments:
Grace's teeth are fine!!! She is gorgeous as always!!!!
Love You
Nana
Poor Grace! It's so lucky, though, you were able to get it fixed without having to pay again. I remember too well when Savannah was in the accident-prone stage...trips to the ER, head lacerations, busted lips...you name it.
Post a Comment