Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Alabama Part Two-- Great Friends and Two Big Events

A great friend of mine Shea Johnson has been pregnant with her first child. We have been friends with her and her husband every since the two of them met about 6 or more years ago. We have been friends with Shea's husband since high school. So this couple holds a very special place in our heart. We have great memories together and we always love getting together with them when we come to AL because it's like we never left when we get around them. We know each other backward and forwards and still love each other:) So when I found out Shea was pregnant I knew I was going to come to AL for the shower.

Then a couple of months ago a childhood friend's mom emailed me and told me that my long time friend, Valerie Brunson was getting MARRIED!! She wanted my address to invite me to her wedding. Valerie was in my wedding and I have wonderful memories of her too as a child. Every year for her B'day, they would have the biggest slumber party for her that was usually 10-15 girls. They also lived on the river so it was a BLAST! She later went off to Auburn (Boooo!;) for college and I never saw much of her. We have reconnected through facebook but nevertheless, I knew I would like to go to her wedding too!

I knew both occasions would be in Oct. possibly and I thought, "wouldn't it be awesome if both the wedding and shower could be in the SAME weekend so I could go to BOTH?!" Guess what?! It was, they both happened to be scheduled for the same day.. Oct. 2nd, one at 3pm and the other at 6pm. How cool is that?!? So, I made plans to go..

Mom went with me to both on Saturday and Shea's shower went GREAT! She got every thing she needs plus some.. and she was stunning! Valerie's wedding was outside at a golf course (Silver Lakes) and it was GORGEOUS! It was right on the lake there at about sunset.

Valerie looked beautiful, just like she always is, and I was happy I got to go. The reception was great and the Grooms cake was really cute too. Her hubby is a HUGE Bama fan and any body that knows Val, knows she and her family has always been HUGE Auburn fans. So the grooms cake was a AU and AL stadium split in half but the table was decorated in AL since that is his team! Very cute!






No comments: