Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Around the House.. potty and play..

We have been working on potty training some this week. I am a little OCD to try to go directly to panties to make her use the potty. I am told that she won't like the feeling of being wet so she will start using the potty with in 3 days that way. The reason why I don't want to do that, is because of the mess:). I can't imagine having to clean up pee pee from our carpet, floors, and furniture all the time. (Since we don't have hardwood floors). We also recently cleaned our carpet before putting our house up for sale. So my compromise is to try putting her in panties with a pull-up on top. This helps her to feel that she is wet but the pull-up will keep it from making a mess. We have just started with this and she has done pretty well with this. Don't get me wrong, I haven't been very consistent yet. I haven't really wanted to deal with it when we go out, so I have just put a diaper or pull-up on her when we go out, etc. etc. It's definitely going to take A LOT of time, but nonetheless, we are working on it!!!!;)

We have spent some time just playing outside with our neighbor some and working on finding Grace a Halloween costume. She was being a little difficult about finding one, because every thing I showed her she said "I don't like that one". Today, we finally found her a Cinderella costume from the Disney Store that she loves. It is just beautiful. I am very proud of this because it is so pretty and I got it on sale since I waited to buy it. I figured it would be a great investment too since she can use it for the Fall Festival at our church, Halloween and for dress up for a long time!!! Just wait till you see her in it:)

By the way, The Disney Store is one of our new favorite places to browse. Grace just LOVES going in that store too:) It's a little princess' dream store..

A pic from the other day..


2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Our pretty little Grace!!!

Love You!!

Nana

Cheryl said...

Our pretty little Grace!!!

Love You!!

Nana