So this morning we talked about it and I told her we need to get her pacifiers and put them in the mail and send them to another baby that needs a paci. We talked again about how she is a big girl now and she could share her paci with a baby that needs a paci. She said "okay". So I thought, here's our shot!! So I got her 2 pacifiers and I let her put them in the envelope and we addressed them TO: BABY, FROM: GRACE. We let her stick it in the mailbox and we put the flag up. She was very happy with what she did and kept talking about how sweet it was to give her paci to another baby:)
So nap time today, she started to ask for her pacifiers but we reminded her that we mailed them off and she was okay with that. We put her down and she talked for a little bit and then she started crying some. I went upstairs and had to explain to her about her pacifiers again and I comforted her a little by singing to her and rocking her a little bit (because she asked). It was starting to get hard for her:( So with a little more encouragement, she is ASLEEP after an hour of mostly talking with little crying. I heard her upstairs telling her babies in the bed with her, that "I'm alright, I don't need my paci, etc. etc. Very cute!!
We will see how the night goes but as of right now I am happy with how strong this little girl is!! For Mommy, it is actually sad to see this chapter close in our lives. That may sound silly, but that was her LAST 'baby' thing that we have clung to. It makes me realize that she is REALLY not a baby any more! Over all, I am very HAPPY to see it go though, because this is something I have worried about off and on for a long time, because I knew the day would have to come sooner rather than later.
I will keep you all updated on her progress!!:)



No comments:
Post a Comment