Thursday, November 25, 2010

Enjoying Life And Our Blessings

This past week we have been enjoying the blessing of friendships. Last Friday, we had a girls game night at Becky's house. We had pizza, an amazing dessert, and played Scattergories. I picked up Holly F. and her new baby Evie and we rode together. I just love Holly and I really enjoyed our chats while in the car. While, the ladies and the kiddos got together, the Men had a guy's night and played ball, etc. in the gym of our church. It was all A LOT of fun!

On Saturday, Holly F. invited me to come along with her and Lynn S. (another friend) to go shopping at the Mall. Us three and our kids went and we even had lunch together. Holly had some coupons for free food at Chick-FIL-A so we couldn't beat that!! I just love both of them.

Sunday night, was combined worship at Fegenbush and we all REALLY look forward to this as it comes quarterly. It didn't disappoint! It is always such a blessing to me! After the service, the Valley Station crew went to the local Mexican restaurant to eat and hang out! It was a BLAST! Let me just say we also found our new favorite Mexican restaurant (Puerto Vallarta) that was GREAT and AFFORDABLE!!

Now on to Thanksgiving! Sadly, Adam doesn't get any nights off this week but thankfully, he will have this evening to eat Thanksgiving with us and enjoy the day. He caught up early on his homework so he would have the end of the week free (besides work). So I am cooking our Thanksgiving meal and it will just be us. But we are fine with that. It is a special time for our family. Grace has already been helping me in the kitchen and I DO cherish those times! We know we are TRULY blessed and forever grateful to the Lord!

On Friday, Grace and I are going Black Friday shopping with Holly F. and Evie. We are SUPER excited about that!:) Then the Iron Bowl!!

Trying to focus though, on what this whole season is about!!

Enjoy Thanksgiving every one!!

No comments: