I tell you since Grace's arrival my quiet time has truly suffered. I have been feeling convicted due to the fact that I have felt almost desperate at times for the Lord to help us and to help Grace sleep but yet I have not been seeking Him as much as I should. My quiet times have been distracted and half-hearted. I have been praying earnestly but what have I done for HIM??? As I was reading last night in God's Word I was reminded of the POWER of GOD. Paul reminds us in 2 Corinthians 12:9 that the Lord said "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness." Paul also says, Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ's sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Corinthians 12:9b-10. He goes on to say: For indeed He was crucified because of weakness, yet He lives because of the power of God. For we also are weak in Him, yet we live with Him because of the power of God directed toward you. 2 Corinthians 13:4. It also states to be comforted, like-minded, live in peace and the God of love and peace will be with you.
Isn't that awesome!!!??? I have definitely felt weak and distressed at times (especially in the wee hrs of the morning, LOL). This just reminds me to seek Christ and He is all I need.
Last night was WONDERFUL. Grace slept well last night. She was back to her being well contented after her feeding and going right off to sleep afterwards. It makes me think that maybe it was something I ate that didn't agree with her stomach the last two previous nights??
Tuesday night was rough. About 7:30 pm and on she was pretty fussy and we tried to go to sleep about 10 or 10:30; she was not happy even after feeding. She kept crying and it seemed that the only thing that would console her is to nurse. I felt like maybe her feedings had been getting off and she just wasn't getting satisfied. Also, at times she falls asleep feeding and we can't get her to wake up well enough and then she wakes up 5-10 minutes later ready to eat again!! We actually called the Pediatrician Thursday night because we got concerned that something may be wrong. Maybe stomach problems?? She didn't have a fever and after explaining everything. He stated it could be a growth spurt (during those they want to eat very often) or it could be something I ate that wasn't agreeing with her. He told us to go for a walk since it was a nice night. So we went out at 11pm and took a stroll through the neighborhood. It was very nice and Grace LOVED it. She was very alert and content during our walk but she didn't go off to sleep which was really the intention. We got home and it started all over!! She was still fussy till 1am and at that time she fell asleep on Adam's chest. She later got into her bassinet and slept more.
As I have said she is so much more happier over the past day. Praise the Lord. It is not just lack of sleep on our part that bothers us but most of all, it stresses us when she is unhappy because we want her to be content and we want to know that she nothing is wrong with her when she gets like that!! Off to tend to Grace!!
Thursday, April 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment