Adam and I took Grace for a walk in the stroller again on Thursday in the neighborhood. The weather was great and I am posting a picture of her on our excursion. Every time it is pretty we are taking advantage of it and going for a walk. It is good for us and for Grace. It is always nice to get out!!
Now, about what has been going on with Grace. Sunday night we had a HORRIBLE evening and night. Adam had to go to work on Sunday at 1pm and I was here taking care of Grace by myself for the 1st time for that long of a time. Grace started getting fussy this day about 1:30 pm and it went on till 2:30 am. Adam called me on his first break from work around 3pm and I was crying because I already felt desperate. I felt like nothing I did would console her besides nursing her. This went on all evening with the exception of a short nap around 7pm and then went to sleep about 8:20 pm till right after 11pm and I was finally able to put her in the swing and do a few things around the house. I wasn't able to do anything all day besides try to console her. Then after she woke up and nursed after 11pm she started screaming crying again and it was the WORSE. Adam and I got very concerned that something is wrong with her because it wouldn't let up. I got on the internet and read about Colic and it sounded like this is the case for Grace. Because she has been getting fussy and crying starting in the evenings usually around 6pm or so and it may go till 11 or even 3 am. It does vary some and some days are better than others. We called the pediatrician around 2am and he was very nice. Stated it did sound like colic, but it could be my diet, etc and we were to come to the Doctor Monday to see him. He recommended a car ride to see if that would soothe her. Adam took her for a ride from about 2:30 to 3:30am and she fell asleep pretty fast finally in the car. He kept riding with her to make sure she was good and asleep and also he said he was enjoying the calm!!! She slept in her carrier when she got home till her next feeding and every since then she has been pretty good. We went to the Doctor yesterday and he said it does sound like colic but gave me a whole list of foods to avoid while breastfeeding. I am trying this and we are suppose to get back with him on Friday to let him know if there has been any change. He stated it could also be acid reflux and he said if it is colic there is one medication they can try that is an antispasmotic. I am praying that it will be resolved with my diet. Please pray for this too!! Yesterday and last night and today have been fine. She only had one spell of fussiness after 9pm last night that lasted only an hour and she was able to be consoled some in between bouts of crying (briefly). MUCH BETTER. The doctor did say she looks great otherwise and her weight was up to 7 lbs 5 ounces!!!
Grace is still our precious little angel! Just continue to pray for her and for us for strength to get through the hard times. We continue to thank the Lord for her and we don't like to see her like that when she is inconsolable. ---Holly





No comments:
Post a Comment