Saturday, December 10, 2011

Pics from Thanksgiving and More Income, More Events.. :)





I guess I haven't wrote about my new job on the blog. I am now working a 2nd PRN (as needed job). I still work at St. Joseph Mercy Hospital but I am now doing some home health as needed also. It was pretty awesome how it happened. I wasn't even looking for another job. I had been in the past since I wasn't getting very many hours at the hospital but had been able to pick up enough by alternating days and night shifts. It was rough but we were fine. St. Joseph Home Health got my name from Jackie (a lady we go to church with), and she told them that I have worked in home health and I may be interested in helping them out as needed. They needed help bad so they called ME! I started the next week which was the week before Thanksgiving. I am still orienting because I am having to orient at Home Health on a part-time basis since I work at the hospital other days. Anyways, it is going great and the staff have all been very friendly there. Between both jobs, I am working about full time. We are already seeing what a tremendous blessing this is. Because of this we were able to move Grace up to 3 days a week in her preschool and Adam has been able to get more hours at Lifeway.

Needless to say, we are busy. Adam stays busy with school. We went to a playoff football game at one of the high schools that our youth go to. I went to a band concert for another youth and then we have been planning lots of events. We just had a Christmas Party for the kids AND youth of our church. We had pizza, games, and presents for all of them. We are also working on a camping trip the first weekend in January for our Youth. Then Disciple Now event the end of January and then Winter Jam in Feb. in Little Rock. We have been blessed for a while to see the numbers grow tremendously in the children's department. Recently though, we are finally seeing our youth group grow!! This is thankful to the youths efforts to invite their friends also!!

Through everything, we are trying to remain focused on why we are here and especially focus on Christmas and teaching Grace to always remember what Christmas is REALLY all about.. our Savior Jesus Christ! Lord help me to reflect...

No comments: