We cooked here at the house and had PLENTY! It was just us and Mom. Grace helped make our Chocolate Turtle Cake:) Mom and I left that evening to be at Walmart right after 10pm for the buys and was out till 1am and back the next morning for more. We got some REALLY great deals and thankfully I am almost done Christmas shopping!
Lots of quality time. We put up our Christmas tree on Saturday after Thanksgiving and of course, watched the Iron Bowl.. ROLL TIDE!! :) Grace helped decorate and that's a funny story in itself. As some of you know, we have a 9 foot tree that we have been putting up for probably 8 yrs now because we lived in houses with high ceilings. Well, this year the rental house we have just has the standard ceiling. So we knew we would put a smaller one up. We had a 5 foot tree (suppose to be 6ft) that was free to us years back and we just kept it. We had never taken it out of the box to see if all the parts were even there. When we put it up, it was so funny because it is a lot different from what we are used to, but also the thing was lopsided!!! So we had to rig it to make it stand up straight! I also had to go out and get white lights for it since it wasn't pre-lit and crazy me got white lights with white strands instead of green strands. At this point, I didn't want to go to the trouble to take them back so I made do. You will see in the picture esp. where I used the flash that you can see the white strands! :/ I will show other pics that shows more what we see in the house with the camera flash off. When it is lit up.. you hardly notice. At least, that's what I tell myself!!:) I figure I would be better off to buy Christmas lights after Christmas this year when they are on sale anyways!
So Grace loved having her Nana here and we even encouraged Grace to go get in the bed with Nana if she woke up in the middle of the night or early in the AM. So Nana got some snuggle time the last few days or so in the early AM! :) She also, watched Grace for us while Adam and I went on a date Monday afternoon to a matinee to see Courageous! It was great!!
The week before, Grace's school had a Thanksgiving meal and little program. I was working so I was unable to go but Adam went. Grace had been learning this song to sing there and we recorded her at home too. She is getting to be so big!!
More pics from Nana's camera to come!!



1 comment:
Grace - you have the sweetest little voice and you are going to be a singer no doubt!!
Had a great time with ya'll and miss you already!! Will especially miss a little girl getting in my bed early in the morning to snuggle with Nana!!
Love you!!
Post a Comment