Thursday, November 10, 2011

Say it IS so...Glasses!

Those of you that know me well know that I got glasses when I was 2 years old. I had esotropia as a child. This is a condition that causes a lazy eye or your eye to cross inward. This is also associated with a far-sightedness. Mine was really bad but Grace has a mild far-sightedness. Anyways, we took her to the eye Dr. and they said she has accommodative esotropia. We noticed her eyes started to cross a while back but was hoping she was doing it on purpose. It got worse over time and noticed it more when she was tired, and looking at things up close.. just like I did. So we knew it was time.

She was SUPER excited about getting glasses. She has a little friend at school that has glasses so she thought it was neat to be like her and have glasses and so far she has done GREAT with them. They said she doesn't have to wear them all the time just mainly when she looks at things close up. At first, I just kind of hated it for her that she was going to have to deal with glasses for a while because I know how it feels but thankful she was not reluctant at all! I know it's best for her and they ARE oh so CUTE on her too! This also will heal over time with glasses just like in my case! :)

Here she is.... !!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Pretty little Grace in her new glasses!!

Love you!

Nana & PawPaw