Thursday, March 18, 2010

Stark Reminder...

'Life is good'...If only I felt this way in all circumstances. Some people's faith in the midst of major trials and tribulations is absolutely amazing. Recently there has been a few young people die that have been a part of our church. First, it was a Mom and wife who was in her mid-twenties and was also 5 months pregnant. She was found to have a brain aneurysm that was inoperable and there was no hope for her to survive. They had her on the ventilator and was going to see if they could keep her alive a little longer so that the baby inside of her would have greater chance for survival (coming early). The baby ended up going 'bad' and they had to do an emergency c-section when she was about 24 weeks along and the baby and the Mom didn't make it. Now a husband and son (I believe) are left with out a wife and mother. VERY SAD.

Just yesterday, I heard about a husband and father of 3 young kids (who was in his lower 30's) who collapsed suddenly yesterday and died of unknown causes. I am told that he and his family are wonderful people and he led Awana at another campus of our church. Just TERRIBLE!

I know people get terrible news, and deal with all kinds of major issues every day. When things like this happen, I am ASTOUNDED at how the Lord shows me that I am blessed! Just when I think things are difficult, I am PAINSTAKINGLY reminded that it doesn't COMPARE to the things that are happening to other people, EVERY DAY.
Lord, help me to be grateful in EVERYTHING and to even 'praise You in the storm'!


We are not hardly going through a 'storm'.. but I am just reminded of this beautiful song by Casting Crowns.. 'I Will Praise You In This Storm'.....







1 comment:

debby said...

loved the song!!!!