Sunday, March 28, 2010

Enjoying Everyday...

As you all may know, Isaac and Holly has been recruiting me to the choir for a while now. I finally did start going and now I am officially in the choir. I didn't know if I wanted to commit to going on Wed. nights for choir practice but I have actually really been loving it. It is nice to get out and Grace comes with me on Wed. nights to choir practice because Adam is working. They let her run around in the choir room and just play while we practice. (It is a very laid back practice). The other people in the choir have grown to LOVE Grace and they look forward to seeing her. She LOVES it too because she gets so much attention. They all smile and laugh at her and she is the queen bee.:) I am glad it is working out so well and I am happy to be a part of it. I have known for a long time that I needed to serve in this area. So it feels good doing what I am told!!:)

This past Friday, we had Ronnie and Marci Parrott over and their 2 kids. They have 2 1/2 year old and a one year old. Grace loves Jack (who is 2). They are in Sunday school together and Jack is such a sweet and fun little boy. I cooked supper for them and they brought dessert. We hung out for a while and all of the kids had so much fun playing together. Grace and Jack ran around the living room and laughed and squealed. They were so cute together. I was so amazed at Anna Kate. She will be 1 this week and she is so tough. I guess she is used to having a older brother but she gets knocked down and falls down all of the time and it doesn't even phase her. She was right in the middle of them! They all are so much fun to be around. We are thankful for the Parrott's and their encouragement to us over the past year!

Yesterday, our mission group went back and visited the Assisted Living home in Valley Station. We are trying to go monthly and the old people are just loving it. Grace goes with us and she is also a highlight to them!:) I was able to talk to one man about his Salvation. He said he is Catholic. We will see. Next month, we plan on going back and doing some music for them. Isaac plays the guitar and his wife Holly and him both sing beautifully. So I know they will love that!

After we got home, I left and went shopping all by myself to the mall and Target. I have been needing some clothes. I told Adam that it could be my early b'day gift!:) So.. I went. It was great to actually have time to look and then I went and got my FREE Versa Spa tan due to a grand opening of a tanning salon. I HAD to take advantage of that!

I am looking forward to Easter. I am going to be off now for Saturday night so we can all go to church together. (I swapped days with some one). It is also going to be the 4 year Anniversary for our church being Highview at Valley Station. It is going to be a big day and this week is suppose to be beautiful. Hopefully, the weather will hold out for Easter!!:)

No comments: