It looks like we will have a little vacation this year. I (Holly) have decided that I can work an extra 12 hour shift or so to pay for us to have a little 'getaway'. Mom is coming up to Louisville in August on the 19th and we decided yesterday.. to all go to Gatlinburg, TN while she is here visiting. I looked online the other day and Gatlinburg is only 4 1/2 hours from here so we are going to leave on Aug. 20th and come back on Aug 23rd and then Mom will fly back home on Aug 24th. We are going super cheap. We decided to get a hotel room that has a balcony and it is right on the Parkway in Gatlinburg. We figure that Grace can sleep in the pack-n-play and we can go out on the balcony while she is napping or when she goes to sleep.. if we aren't ready to go to sleep. We will also be able to walk to the shops, dining, etc. so this is VERY convenient.. esp. with Grace. It is an older hotel/ lodge but it has an outdoor and indoor pool and other things which is nice. Mom has actually stayed at this place before. Over all.. we are really looking forward to this! It will be nice and fun! I am very thankful for this.
Not this next weekend but next, my brother and his fiance is coming from GA for a visit for a long weekend with us! We are really looking forward to that too! We plan on going to the Slugger Museum with them and maybe some other things while they are here. They have been to Louisville once and so it is always nice going around town and they are looking forward to spending time with Grace!
Sunday, July 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I'm jealous...I love East TN! There are a couple of waterfalls there that are paved and you can take a stroller on if Grace likes water.
Post a Comment