After midnight on Monday night snow started falling in Louisville. I had to work night shift at the hospital and was able to watch it off and on come down from windows in the hospital. It was pretty continuous all night and then it started sleeting during the night and turned to freezing rain and this lasted just about all of Tuesday. I got off at about 8:45am on Tuesday morning and the roads were ROUGH. The road crews had been out all night but with the continuous snow and very cold temps/ice, the roads were still dangerous. It was the worse I have ever seen the roads in Louisville when it is snowing, etc.
I have actually had a sore throat and some sinus drainage, etc. so I had talked to the nurse manager because we were actually over-staffed for Tuesday night (I was scheduled to work Tuesday night too!). He said he couldn't take me off the schedule due to the last minute and the weather, but he actually told me to call in if I needed too!:) I was surprised because the hospital was pretty much threatening us to come despite the weather. Thankfully, we were over-staffed!
I was VERY thankful for this due to we are officially STUCK at our house. I really think I couldn't have got to work if I tried. We are down a slight hill and 3 cars have attempted yesterday and today and all 3 of them are now stuck down at the end of our road. We are unable to get up the hill. The tires just spin. Despite all of this, the rain continued during the night which made an inch of ice over the 3-4 inches of snow that had fallen and then this morning it started snowing again and a few inches more of snow has fallen on top of all of the other. It is still snowing now. Many people are without power so PRAY that we don't go without power! We are okay now, thankfully we don't HAVE to get out! The temperatures are not supposed to get above freezing until Saturday or Sunday so I guess we are stuck!:) On the positive note, it is REALLY pretty to look at!!!!!.............
It won't let me upload pics for now, will try later!
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Glad you all still have power. We do too.
Tagged you. See my blog for details. =)
Post a Comment