On Tuesday of this week (12/30) Adam called me at work to tell me that Grace has a tooth coming through on the bottom. Grace had been acting fussy over the past week some and just more "needy". First, we thought it was just a stage she is going through. Then we noticed she had some diarrhea for a few days and had been having a runny nose. I finally linked it to possible teething on Monday but we never did look in her mouth that day because we were in the car and we forgot to look later when we were home. Then Adam did on Tuesday night and wahlah.. there it was! THAT explains everything! I then felt bad for her thinking that when she was being so needy that I didn't have more sympathy for her in the days before!:) I thought she was just being needy or even getting
spoiled for our attention! She always seemed fine when she was distracted but especially when we were at home or even when we were in the car and it was quiet, she would act more fussy. So we have been giving her Motrin or Tylenol. We have even put a little baby oragel on her gums and given her COLD things to chew on. This has helped and thankfully she is still sleeping!:) She has woke twice now around midnight but went back to sleep. We also think another tooth may be coming through on the top. She is dealing with this teething pretty well though!
Grace is also learning how to "scoot" in her own
special way! No crawling, but Grace does this funny thing where she sits on her bottom and bounces up and down (gets real excited) and moves her legs slightly and manages to scoot forward. She will also lay on her tummy and will keep rolling over and over and turning to manage to move to get things. She has her own unique ways! It is so funny though, our little Pomeranian will get her moving before anything else. She is constantly wanting to move to get to her and grab at her hair. :( For this reason we have to really watch her and the dog! I will have to get a video sometime so you all can see her new move!
She also moved up to a new car seat. She has officially met the weight limit on our previous car seat (20 lbs.) and exceeded the length (26"). So one of her Christmas gifts was a new car seat. This meant no more carrier anymore! I realized later that it means that she will always have to get out of the car seat when we go in places. This is an adjustment. She has had her first rides in a shopping cart in the basket. She really likes to be sitting up all "big" and being able to look around better at people and things. She also like being able to sit up more in her car seat. I will post some pics.

Grace was excited this day when I put her in her new car seat!



Grace in her new outfit she got for Christmas with the matching toboggan and monkey! She LOVES that monkey too! :)
3 comments:
She's growing up! When Uncle Greg gets back I will have to show him the new pics!!!
She is just the cutest most precious little girl!! Just look at that smile!! She will melt your heart!!!
I Love You
Mimi
I LOVE the pic of her with the monkey. :) That's awesome.
Post a Comment