Friday, November 21, 2008

Cold Weather and Grace's First "Snow"

Yesterday we had a very light snow. It left a little dusting on grassy surfaces, cars, the deck, table, etc. Grace was watching it come down at the window. I will post a pic but you can't really see the snow coming down. It was real light and it was just starting. She was watching out the window like her Daddy!

Adam finally got done with school yesterday (with his work), but he did have to go back this morning briefly to his last class for the semester. I know he was relieved and you better believe I was too! I have NEVER known of him having so much work till this Fall semester! (Not even when he was at Mid-America). He wrote SOOO many papers this semester. I wish he would count just to see how much it was! But with the exception of taking time off some when family came, he has been shut up in the office for weeks and weeks when he is home doing homework! I told Adam the other day that I don't remember the last time we just got out and went to Walmart/ Target, the Mall, or even riding around just for the fun of it! Just to look around and "get out". We did get out some when family was here but that was an exception! So with that said, we made our way out of the house to go to Walmart and Lowe's last night!! (Now I know why we don't get out more too, b/c you end of spending money!!!LOL) Since it was "snowing" and very cold last night we bundled Grace up in a sweater/ hat combo that was a hand me down (which we are very thankful for hand-me downs! LOL) I thought she looked really cute! I'll post some pics of her in that too!

Dog lovers will only appreciate this!!--- With the weather turning colder and our lab mix (Bud) is outside now all of the time) I have worried about him getting too cold and "adjusting" to these temps. We put him out in the Summer and he did just fine with the heat but I was more concerned about the cold. So I have been looking into dog house heaters! (Yes, I said it!) We found a hound heater II that was cheaper than one of the others that I found and we decided to get it. It came in the mail the other day and it has to be mounted in the top corner of his dog house. Adam was concerned that his carrier would not really hold the heat b/c we just had a cover on it. So we ended up getting him another dog house and Adam mounted it in there last night. It has those clear flaps for a door too. Bud doesn't know what to think of it so far. We've had to encourage him to go in esp. since there are the flaps over the opening. At first he thought he was being "shut" up in there. He didn't realize he could come out! I just checked the temperature in there and we moved the house to the back yard from the garage earlier today and it is 34 degrees outside (plus the WIND) and the dog house temperature says it is 51 degrees already! You can tell it feels much better in there too, just without the wind too! I thought that is pretty good, esp. since that was without him in there and I know with his body temp it would be even warmer in there! I know some of you may think we are crazy but Bud WAS our FIRST "baby" you know!! Ha! Ha! (We've had him almost 6 years now!)




2 comments:

Christy said...

I remember when Savy was that age; it was an event when we were all able to go to Target together!

I love the photo of Adam and Grace watching the snow...so sweet. I hope it snows here again this year.

Cheryl said...

You are such a little doll in your coat and hat!!! You are such a happy baby and have such a beautiful little smile!!!

I Love you!!!

Grandma