Thursday, September 25, 2008

5 1/2 months old

Grace is doing new things all of the time! Last week she rolled over for the first time. She first rolled over from her stomach to her back once. Two or three days later she rolled over a few times from her back to her stomach. She has done this at least a few more times. She isn't doing it all of the time and sometimes I even have to encourage her to roll because she will just lay on the blanket sometimes and not move, just talk. I encourage her by helping her on to her side or stomach at first and then let her do it. This is like a practice run! She also sits pretty well but can not sit by herself completely yet. She might balance herself for a few seconds and then topples over. We are working on that! She also likes to stand a lot when you are holding on to her. She really enjoys her exersaucer more now. She actually plays with the toys a lot that are on it and can even spin around some. I got some video of her playing in it one day and then she spit up right at the end and you see spit up running down. It is a very typical occasion for this to happen but I just didn't want to put a video on here with it ending with that! I thought about putting it on here because that is just the picture of real life with Grace, but I figured I will spare you! Adam also got a video on our camera of her rolling over but I think I accidentally erased it. But it is ok, I was wanting to get a better one anyway.

She is getting to where she doesn't like her swing so much any more. She will get in it and be OK but when she is in it she looks like she is constantly trying to sit up and acts restless sometimes because she wants to be doing more! Playing! She really is so much fun now. Of the vegetables she has now ate: carrots, squash, sweet potatoes, and sweet peas. Tomorrow is green beans! She seems to have liked all of them so far.

Her paci: She really only cares for it when she is tired. If she is sucking on it good, that is a sure sign that she is tired! She will use it to go to sleep now most of the time.

As for sounds: she makes a "Uhmm" noise all the time. (She is doing this in her exersaucer now!) She also will have days when she is very loud and squeals a lot.

Growing: She is right at or over 16 1bs now. She is still in 3-6 month old clothes but she is right on target. She will need those 6-9 month clothes real soon! I think her length is obviously taking after her Mom and Dad's height! We are not sure how long she is, we haven't measured her and the last time she was measured was at her 4 mo. check up. I can tell by looking at other babies she is already shorter! LOL. You know she was destined for this! (She's a cute little short thing though!)

This is all for now. I am putting some pictures on here of her in more bama clothes. We are gearing up for the AL and GA game this Saturday!



This is what Grace will do when you put her in the swing. She will put her feet down sometimes like she is going to stand in the swing.

P.S. I have noticed my English hasn't been the best lately. Pardon me, if you notice errors in my English in posting and on the videos. Adam has even noticed lately. He says I've been out of school too long! LOL

1 comment:

Laura Ashley said...

What a beautiful bama princess...Love the outfit...even if I'm not a fan. She's just too cute...