That Thursday night I went to my work Christmas party/ retirement party for a fellow employee. It was so much fun! We packed out a room at Rafferty's and had so much fun just laughing and hanging out outside of work.
Grace and I have also been spending a lot of time with Holly F. and baby Evie lately. They ended up going shopping with us again on Friday and we went to lunch. I am LOVING that she is HOME now that she had Evie!! Then on Sunday we ended up including our hubbys and ate Mexican together after church.
This week I have been busier trying to finish up Christmas shopping, Christmas cards (that I am still working on..=) and wrapping gifts, house chores, taking care of the dogs yearly check-ups, baths, before Bud is boarded at Christmas and Allie goes to AL, etc. It 'hit' me that we leave ONE week from today to go to AL so we need to have our Christmas done early. Thankfully, the Frasure's are also going to watch Grace tomorrow night while Adam and I finish up Grace's Christmas and Adam and I get a date night out of it too. Which is much overdue!!=)
Last Friday, Adam went over to rake leaves at one of our neighbors house as a service project to serve her. I went out and helped Adam get it done before it got dark on Friday and to get the bags all picked up on Sunday. Then yesterday Ms. Shirley knocks on our door and has a gift that she made for us. I was so upset that she felt like she needed to give us a gift. We wanted to do it for FREE just to serve her but she went to the trouble to make the most special gift for us. It was ornaments with each of our names on them. They are SO pretty. We just LOVE them. Of course, we had to accept them but now I am trying to figure out what I can do for her to give back to her=) You can see the pic below..
Adam is trying to wrap up this Semester of school BEFORE we go home. He also taught the adult Bible Study last night at our church. So he has definitely been busy with work and all of that. Adam will be working 9 days in a row before we go home in order to have 5 days off for our trip to AL. So he is going to be BEAT!:/ He decided to do it that way since he only has 1 day of time right now. He is swapping other days so that makes him work so many in a row. We are super excited about having some time off together though, as a family!!
I have also been spending time practicing with the Choir at Fegenbush for the Christmas Celebration. Our choir is joining them and the East Choir for The Highview Family Christmas that will be THIS Sunday. I just LOVE singing with them and it is gonna be so great on Sunday. Grace also enjoys going to "big" church to play with the "new" kids and toys on our practice days.
In all, getting ready for the Christmas Celebration has continued to remind me the reason for the season. I just love how it brings my heart back to the King of Kings and Lord of Lords that should have been treated as majesty but instead came to be born in a barn and live a humble life to ultimately be killed for MY sins! Thankfully, he is now seating at the right hand of God in Heaven and because of that he lives in ME! Praise the Lord for what an AMAZING gift!! No gift gets any better than THAT!!
Pics from the week..



No comments:
Post a Comment