As you all know we were back in KY for Christmas and had a great relaxing Christmas with just the three of us. On Christmas Eve I made some Christmas goodies to snack.. sausage balls, cheese dip and chips, corn dip with chips, baked ham and rolls. We went to the Christmas Eve service at our church that evening which I just LOVE! I love pausing on Christmas Eve to actually reflect on what Christmas is all about! We came home and Grace and I made Jesus a chocolate birthday cake that we had planned on having on Christmas Day. We are going to try to make this a tradition and make Jesus a B'day cake every year for Christmas and sing to him.. to take our minds back to this very special day in history and what it means for us in the future!
Later, I took our big dog on a long walk in our neighborhood to give him some exercise before the snow came and it was so peaceful and a great time of reflection for me on Christmas. Then the snow came and we had a white Christmas.. not a lot just enough to be white:)
Christmas morning, we told Grace that Santa had come and she was so happy. I think she was a bit overwhelmed at first by every thing AND she had just woke up.. so she was a little slow processing:). She had a blast all day playing with her new toys, etc. and crashed at bedtime that night. We sang Happy Birthday to Jesus and shared chocolate cake together. Yum! It was a pretty lazy day and ate leftover goodies and watched a Christmas movie.
I am going to share some pics and videos from our day.. as you will see in one of the videos.. Grace had asked for a "brown" baby:) Is that not the sweetest and cutest thing!! We gave her a name now though=)
Wednesday, December 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment