Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Zimbabwe Mission Trip 2010

I can't even begin to tell you how humbling and amazing this trip was. While we were there 12 people were saved and the gospel was told and preached to many others. We used the Creation to Christ story. We also was able to hand out tracks in the Tonga language as well as The book of John from the Bible in the Tonga language. They LOVED getting these "books" in their language!! Adam and I had the privilege to share Creation to Christ with 2 ladies that accepted Christ!! We were so glad to see them faithfully returning for the worship services after that day!!

Us women spent a lot of time with the Tonga women and children. We loved on these people, esp. the children and they just 'ate up' the attention we gave them. I already miss them so much!

The men spent a lot of time doing leadership training too with some of the African men that have really stepped up and are on fire for the Lord and want to share it with others. They are trying to start churches all around the area. It was very encouraging to see their hunger for the Word of God and to start churches.

We did get to go on a safari one day while in Hwange National Park and got to see Victoria Falls the day before we left so that was AMAZING too.

Of course, we missed Grace so much but were VERY thankful for my Mom and Step-Dad that took care of her while we were gone. I know she was glad to see us too on Friday!!

I have made a slideshow for all the pics. I have been trying to get it to play music but can't get it to work, so I am copying a you tube video for you to play while you look at the pics.. Sorry.. it's the best I can do=)...Hopefully, the pictures will tell the story because there is so much to say..




1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Awesome baby girl!!! So sweet!!

Love You!!

Mom & Gary