Sunday, June 14, 2009

Ups and 'Downs'!

Well, Grace officially started walking a couple of weeks ago! She really did during Mom's visit. Adam calls her 'Otis' (like Otis Campbell on The Andy Griffith Show because she is so wobbly and walks around like she is 'drunk'!:) With this said... yesterday she had her first REAL accident. She fell and hit her head on the leg of the coffee table. It was pretty loud and scared Adam and I very much! Of course, she was screaming crying right after that and Adam and I kind of panicked right away because it started swelling up pretty big and turning blue immediately. It looked so bad we actually got her in the car to get it seen about and called our Pediatrician but before we could hardly get out of the house she was back to her normal self. When the pediatrician called she was sure that she was ok and just asked how she was acting etc. after the accident. We ended up turning around and coming back home! The doctor told us to go ahead and put her down for bed and to wake her after a couple of hours and just make sure that she will be alert and acting 'normal' and put her back down to sleep if she is ok! Needless, to say she has been fine and I KNOW these things just happen.... but we wish we could have prevented it!! So sad to see your child hurt! I guess, it probably bothers us more than her... She has been good today.. Praise God!

As you can see, it doesn't even look that bad today. Still a little swollen and some bruising in the middle of her forehead and down her nose some...


On a happier note.. Grace is really fun to watch how she is learning more and more sounds, gestures, and making so many associations. She amazes us some times by the things that she knows! For instance, she has a certain book that we will read to her and do hand gestures and the other day I just opened the front cover of this book and she KNEW exactly which book it was and started doing the gesture herself BEFORE I did it! We also noticed her trying to feed her baby milk from her sippy cup. She held the baby in her lap and was given her the 'bottle'!:) She also, mimics more and more gestures and sounds all of the time. She will also bring me my shoes and put them down to my feet and try to move them to put them on my feet for me.. but can't quiet place them on yet! It is still so NEAT to watch her and to know that she can make that association that shoes go on feet! I could go on and on about this...

She is very 'intent' on the task of feeding her baby:)

Grace has also started to wear hats a little better. Her Daddy is LOVING this! He keeps trying to put her little cap on her because I know he likes seeing his little girl in a cap!:) I got some pics of her in the cap and some in her pool!





4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Precious baby girl!!!!!!!

I Love you

Nana

Anonymous said...

Uncle Greg loves seeing her in her cap! He wants to get her a baseball mitt and a small bat we saw the other day at Target! And of course I love seeing her with her baby...my favorite thing to do as a little girl was playing with my baby dolls!!!! Can't wait to play with her soon!!!

Jennifer said...

We know the feeling about bumped heads-we've been to the ER a couple of times in a panic! Grace has a good Mommy and Daddy!

Christy said...

Poor Grace! You are right, though...it does bother you more than her. There are many more accidents to come; just don't feel guilty when they happen...it's all part of the process.