Monday, July 14, 2008

Thankful!

I didn't realize how much I would miss Grace when I started back to work. People would tell me that it will make me even happier/thankful to be with her and see her when I get off, and it is true! I come home from work in the mornings after working all night and I just cherish being able to hold her in my arms and talk to her, look at her, kiss her, etc. I don't even want to go to bed and get sleep because I want to be with her. I have to though, because I know I will not be able to take care of her well if I don't take care of myself! And it could be unsafe! I don't feel like I miss too much though because she is sleeping most of the time while I am working and then she usually takes a long morning nap while I am sleeping.

I have to remind myself to be more thankful! Sometimes I am dreadful about going to work, but then I realize that I need to be thankful of the type of job I have and the flexibility of my schedule, etc. that allows me to only have to work 2 nights a week. It also allows me opportunity to be around "worldly" people and the opportunity to reach out and be a witness to these people. As I have said, it also allows for me to cherish the time I do have with Grace and it allows me to help provide a good life for Grace. As I was going down the road the other day on my way to work, the Lord really convicted me on my attitude and showed me how I need to be more grateful. I thought about other people, other families, other kids, etc. that have all kinds of problems, including health problems, etc. and the Lord put a new peace and happiness in my heart. I am doing a Wednesday night bible study now from the Women's Ministry at church and it is about contentment. It is a study in Ecclesiastes. It helps us be content in the Lord and the Lord ONLY and not in our circumstances, etc. I think it will be great! It is something we have to constantly work on!

Some recent pics!

Grace smiling at her Mom!!!

This is Daddy being goofy! Her hair was sticking up after she had been asleep and Daddy had to get this funny picture!

These pics are from today. She was enjoying being in the floor with Mom and Daddy playing with her.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

That look on Grace's face is priceless!! What a precious baby girl!!!!!!!!

Love you

Grandma