There are so many "firsts" when you have a child. Sometimes I might sound corny but I think about all the little things that are a 1st for Grace. I want to be right there and not miss a thing! Adam's parents have been here to visit us in Louisville this weekend and we went out to eat yesterday at Smokey Bones restaurant for a late lunch. This was Grace's 1st time out to eat. She did great!! Slept the whole time in her carrier. Today was also of course my 1st Mother's Day! It was also Grace's 1st time to church with both Adam and I and the 1st time she has been to Sunday morning AM service. Once again, she did great!! She also slept the whole time. Adam and I had been worried about taking her out places, worried that she would start getting really fussy, or start screaming. But it went great! They had baby dedication at church today. Adam and I decided to wait to put Grace in it till next time due to we were afraid she might be fussy/ colicky and also Mom says she wants to be here for that. So we decided to do it the next time they have it in the Fall.
As for Grace, she seems to be better. I don't know if we are just getting use to it more now or if we have just had some good days. Friday night when Adam's parents got here late that night she was very fussy and she could be consoled for a few minutes and then she would start back. This lasted from about 9pm-1am. She wasn't screaming really though and she seemed to be consoled for brief periods more easily. The one thing is this weekend she has started to take a pacifier more now. This has been great! Sometimes, when she is fussy, or crying especially after she gets done eating, I can give her the pacifier and this satisfies her! Maybe, she does just have this need to suck??!! The whole rest of the weekend she has been great. The only times she was fussy was really when she was hungry. She also has been sleeping better. Going longer at night between feedings. Friday night she went 5 hrs. She has been going 4 hours a lot in the last few night. Last night she went 4 hrs and then 3 hrs. Adam also read that if you swaddle your baby real tight and decrease light and stimulation at night this will help them sleep. We have been trying to swaddle her but the receiving blankets we were using were not large enough to really swaddle her tight. So we used just a blanket last night and we made sure to wrap her arms up also. (We always thought she didn't like her arms wrapped up, but Adam read that when you first swaddle them up with their arms in they may not like it at 1st and then they will after a few minutes and this is suppose to help them sleep because babies have that natural startle reflex where there arms go up in the air and this will wake them up. So anyways, we did this last night as well as a pacifier at bedtime and she did great! We'll see! I've got many pics. So enjoy!
Adam and I forgot to take the camera on her 1st trip out to a restaurant so we had to have something to show for her trip! We took this picture as soon as we got home from the restaurant with the Smokey Bones towelette in her carrier with her as a sovenier. (LOL)






No comments:
Post a Comment