Thursday, October 31, 2013

Things I Never Want to Forget...

Just a couple of special things about Grace... I want to always remember how Grace loves to draw and color now. Especially here in the last about 6 months.  With that, she has been drawing pictures and wanting to hang them on the walls to display or signify something.  This is what used to be the extra bedroom below.. (which we moved Grace into just a couple of weeks ago), she and I colored and drew these pictures and she posted them for decoration for what was going to be 'her' room.  :) 


She also has been posting names on the outside of our doors. She now has a label that she wrote "Grace" and taped it to her door post and then one for "Momma and Daddy" and now one for "Hope".  Sometimes I just look around and see her drawings that she posts or those laying around on the tables, and I just smile.  I know that even though I tell her we can't keep every single piece of paper she draws or colors on and the papers do mount and Momma has to clean them up, I realize this is just for a season and I don't want to forget this little time!  :)


Her newest thing is reading.  Since she has started Kindergarten, I am AMAZED at how quick she is learning to read.  She is really sounding out words and her writing is getting to be so neat with correct capital and lower case letters! She has the 'reader' books she brings home about 1 a week and has to read to us and we sign that she has read it. Of course, it is very simple but we even cover the pictures so she can not see that and she still reads it and if she gets hung up on a word she can sound it out! We got her first 9 week report card and went for the Parent Teacher Conference and she is doing well. Got all A Honor Roll.  Proud of our girl!  


 Grace also lost her SECOND tooth.  This happened all in the same week as the last one in the first week of this month! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love to see all of Grace's art work and notes all around!! She is one very smart little girl:) What memories you will have!

Love you

Nana