The Saturday before Easter we had an Easter Egghunt at our church for the kids. Adam coordinated this and it went really great! We had about 40 kids to come and the weather ended up turning out perfect. We had some games, facepainting, a live rabbit, and snacks in the gym, and then the Egghunt was outside at the end. I have forgot how competitive kids can get over finding the eggs!!:) Needless to say, they were gone fast and they all had a good time. I am attaching a few pics that I took. I didn't really get much. We had a bowling game there that we had bought and brought it home with us after the Egghunt for Grace to enjoy at the house. See the video of her 'bowling';)
Easter Sunday we celebrated our risen Savior. The service went great as well as Bible Study that am. Thankfully, we were invited by John and Crystal to join them for a Easter lunch with John's family. His family is from the country so you know the food was GOOOOD!!;) BIG home cooked meal! That evening we celebrated the Lord's Supper at church.
Monday and Tuesday we dealt with the line of Tornadoes that came through AR both of those evenings. Monday was the worst. Tuesday they mostly missed us completely. Monday night we spent about 2 hours in the bathroom as Tornado warning after Tornado warning came through for our county. Grace and I was piled up in the bathtub. We lost our power about around 8pm that night and it came back on the next day at about 2pm. The damage was pretty significant a little further out from where we live and some lives lost but NOTHING compared to what AL faced with the storms yesterday. As I have watched all of the news coverage and saw the pics on facebook, I am completely heartbroken over the devastation all around.. but esp. in AL. Very sad!!
We are happy to have some sunshine back yesterday and today and have got out and enjoyed it a little bit. Today we visited a different park for the first time called Hollywood Park and LOVED it. The place is so nice. It has a creek running through it and the landscape is just beautiful! Such a neat place. (I forgot my camera) Then enjoyed our lunch outside at Sonic before Daddy had to be at work (Lifeway).
This first pic is my new favorite pic of our little princess!!:)
Thursday, April 28, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
The boys saw Grace bowling last night and laughed so hard!!! Grace you are soooo funny!!!
What a pretty little Easter dress!! Momma and Daddy don't look bad either.lol
Looks like you all had so much fun at your Easter egg hunt.
I Love You!!
Nana
Post a Comment