On a positive note, I was looking forward to seeing my Momma last Monday night when I got home from work. We flew her here to Louisville to watch Grace while we went to Hot Springs to find a place to live and to help with our move, etc. She arrived last Monday night. We left out on Tues. am. Adam and I drove to Hot Springs, once again for a hurried trip to find a place to live. It was very weird traveling without Grace. The trip went just perfect. We were able to find a place to live quickly that is just what we were looking for and also had our job interviews with (me) St. Joseph's Hospital, and (Adam) with the new Lifeway Christian Bookstore that is opening. He is going to do that on the side in addition to the part-time position at the church. They went great and Adam has already found out he has the job too (yay!!) and I will find out the end of next week. They did send me for a drug test also while I was in town. It looks promising for me too, thankfully. I had an interview with the nurse recruiter and the nurse manager on the floor. They even gave me a tour of that floor and introduced me to some people. It seems like it will be good but of course, it will be a change at the same time. They do things a little different. I told them I could start hospital orientation on April 4th. They acted like it is just pending backgroup check, and drug screen, etc.
We had gotten into town about 4:30pm on Tuesday and by Thursday morning we were signing the papers on our house that we are renting. It is just a cute basic little rental house. It ended up being a great deal and we are excited that it is a newer house so it has "updated" kitchen and bathrooms. We had looked at some that was OLD and rough too! All this house needs is some paint, and cleaning. The walls on the inside are all white and just dirty. We asked the owner to paint the house as part of the agreement for the lease but she stated she was unable to have it painted by Wed (when we are moving in), but agreed to knock off $100 from the rent every month for 12 months. How cool is that!!!! So we are going to paint. Thankfully, all of the flooring is nice and the carpets were just recently cleaned. It has the wood laminate flooring in the dining area and living room and tile in the kitchen and bathrooms. Also, a major bonus for a rental in this area, is a garage!! It is a 1 car, but we are just thankful for that! It's also on a cute little FLAT street with a FLAT lot, and is at the very end of a culdesac AND has a fenced in yard for Bud. We are also SUPER excited about working with our friends at this church. John and Crystal (John is the Pastor we are working with) are just awesome. We have so much fun together and relate to each other so well. They have the same visions, etc. as we do. This excites me!!
Overall, we were very happy with our trip and got back to Louisville about 11pm on Thursday night. Since then, Adam had to finish out his notice and work last night and tonight AND get LOTS of homework done by this weekend before our move. Me, Grace, and Mom spent yesterday running lots of errands and I took advantage of our good insurance and went to the doctor for a check-up and to Dentist (since I was overdue:) When we move I am going to be working PRN so that I don't have to work the every other weekend with a part-time position. Because of this, I can't get insurance so we will have to get health insurance through Guidestone.. which really stinks, because it is not that good.
Since then, I have packed boxes about non-stop. Mom has been helping some with packing and also with Grace, etc. It is a huge help to have her!
We will start loading the moving truck on Monday and Tuesday and will leave out on Wednesday morning for Arkansas. Next time you hear from me on this blog, we will be living in Arkansas!!!:)
Goodbye Louisville!! It's been great and we'll never forget how special this city, our experience, our friends, church, our neighbors, and memories that happened here!! Grace came in to the world in this great city and many special memories with her here since then. Four AMAZING years!!
Okay, now that I am in tears... I will go;)
Our house.. I will give you the before and after pics of the inside of our house later:)



1 comment:
Holly, it sounds like everything came together really smoothly for you. I am really excited for you all. I will pray for a smooth transition for your family. I wish that we would have gotten to know eachother better/longer, but I wish you the best. Good luck!
Post a Comment