Thursday, May 14, 2009

A Visit With Granny and Papa and Mother's Day

Granny and Papa Brown came up on Thursday of last week and left Sunday morning. Grace was very happy to see them and loved all of the play time she had with them. On Friday evening though, we went out to eat at 'Our Best Restaurant' (country cooking:) and Grace started to not feel very well. I noticed that it seemed like she was getting a fever as the day went on and at the restaurant she didn't really want to eat much at all and wanted me to hold her. Her fever was 101.7 when we got home. She was on and off fussy the rest of the weekend and didn't sleep well because of her teething. I knew she was teething and this was the cause for her being 'needy'. Poor thing, we were having to alternate Tylenol and Motrin every 4-6 hours and give her teething tablets, oragel and she has been putting everything in her mouth.

She still was able to be consoled pretty well and the medicine helped so Grace and I got out on Saturday too and went to Gymboree (at the mall) with Granny (where she got all kinds of cute clothes!) and then later that evening after a nap we went to eat at 'Smokey Bones' that was VERY good and we also rode around a little bit.

While they were here she took a total of 3 steps not holding on and was LOVING all the cheers that she got!:)

On Mother's Day Adam took off from work THANKFULLY and we had the day together as a family! Grace, Adam, and I went to church (surprisingly she did well at church too) and we had the rest of the day TOGETHER! I really enjoyed just having Adam home on Sunday because he always has to rush off on Sundays after church to go to work. Adam cooked supper for me that evening because we both agreed we didn't want to try to attempt to take Grace out again to a restaurant and try to keep her occupied and satisfied the whole time. We had a very good supper and Adam got me some flowers and I got a card from him and a card from Grace!:)



I LOVE this because it shows how she will give such GOOD HUGS now!:) So sweet...:)

This is when she was taking her 3 steps! She get so excited!!!



Grace with Granny and Papa!

Looking pretty in her dress on Mother's Day!




2 comments:

Christy said...

Poor Grace, she's having a rough time. Have you tried giving her frozen waffles? Savy chewed on blueberry eggos while she was teething, and it seemed to help.

The Petersen Family said...

I found your blog!
Your little girl is PRECIOUS, and I recognize her from working in Babies B a while back...she's too cute!!!
Im so glad you came to Amy's Friday night...I had fun getting to know you and the other girls better :)