Sunday, July 10, 2011

Domestically Older

It's funny we are on the house subject... Because I have something on my mind that totally relates. I have always kept my house pretty straight. Even growing up, I kept my room picked up, etc. etc. Although, I turned 30 not too long ago and I have noticed how I feel more convicted over being especially good at being a housewife as well as a part-time work outside the home wife. I used to could skip days without making up the bed, many, actually to be exact, and it didn't really bother me. I could leave the house without everything mostly in it's place and not think twice about it. Now, I feel the need to ALWAYS make up my bed (except the days I leave for work so early, Adam wakes up after me). Grace also, has learned that her toys MUST be put back before we leave the house to go anywhere, before naps, and before bedtime. I am quiet proud of this, because she has learned herself to be neat. Not only inside, but the outside.

Now, this is not to say my house is perfect in no way. You are bound to find some random every day things laying around in my house and the tub may not be spotless at all times but I can't stand for it to get nasty.

In addition to house cleaning, I have a gained a new interest in cooking. I have always enjoyed cooking. I never have cooked as much as I wanted due to the beginning of our marriage, we didn't have the money to buy the groceries to cook so we ate the cheapest convenience foods that we could find and LOTS of sandwiches. We might have one cooked meal a week. Back then, my Mom fed us a lot!!! :) After that, when we did have money, I cooked more at times, but then it was just Adam and I so not a ton. After having Grace, I really haven't cooked enough variety of food. I feel somewhat to blame for her eating ways. I got tired of cooking her foods for her to spit out and then it be trashed. So I stuck to very few faithfuls. Now, I am realizing that we all need some more variety in our life as well as healthier foods. I have liked allrecipes.com but I now have discovered their free app on my iphone and love it! So my new hobby is to look at all kinds of recipes on my phone, read reviews, put in my favorites list, and make them. I am going to try a Mexican Nacho chicken casserole tonight. We'll see!! So far so good!

No comments: