Thursday, June 30, 2011

Moving Along

Everything is coming together now. We finally finished painting this house the beginning of last week. It is SO much better and it was good to get that done! (I will post pictures next time). My job is also going better. I guess I am getting used to it more and how things are done here and getting use to the people as well as everyone comfortable with me too. I try to get (2) 12 hour shifts a week. I got canceled once last pay period due to low census. But for the most part, I have been able to get these needed hours, even if it means work for some one else. I still really like day shift. Of course, it is much busier than night shift, and you have to deal with lots of things but the payoff is being on a REGULAR sleep and wake clock! I've always said that night shift SHOULD be more laid back and not as busy because of the heck your body goes through just being on that time clock. I love not having to take 2 of my days for sleep/ work for one actual day of work. I also just love coming home in the evenings after my shift and being DONE! No having to go to sleep before I can function to do ANYTHING!

... So I am thankful!

We are also getting some great experience already in these first three months of church ministry. With events, every day life in ministry, sicknesses, drama (with our youth (boyfriend and girlfriend) :) and just keeping every thing going, etc. etc. Opportunities for my self to teach, etc. also have been great and the connections we are making! This Saturday we are having a pre-4th celebration with our youth by going bowling and then all coming back to our house and grill out. We are also looking at some other big worship events and overnight events for our youth for the rest of the year. Money is an issue though at our church, so we have to plan wisely and we will see.

As for Adam's job at Lifeway, he isn't getting very many hours. They are cutting every one's hours due to sales are not good at this new store they have opened. Hence, he is looking for another job due to this:/

We are very thankful that we have a WONDERFUL sitter for Grace from our church when needed. We call her Mrs. Kallie and she has been so great to Grace and Grace absolutely adores her! She is super available when we need her and I am amazed at the time and energy that she invests in Grace when she is at her house. She cooks with Grace, reads to her, teaches her all kinds of things, and just gets her to help in any way with stuff around the house.

A couple of pics with Kallie, our friend and Grace's sitter :)




On my off days, Grace and I continue to take advantage of the park, her pool, just playing outside, and spending time with friends. It's a must for us to get out and do something!!:) Our absolute favorite park so far.. Hollywood Park. We discovered a really huge creek that runs through it.







1 comment:

Leah said...

Grace is so big! So glad you are adjusting well to your new life in Arkansas. Love hearing what you're up to!